Public Access Computers
The Library has 8 public access computers with high-speed Internet connections that have Microsoft Word, Excel & Publisher. To use the computer simply ask the staff at the front desk for a computer guest pass then enter the log-in information on the pass into the computer.
How the new management system works:
- Access to the public computers is offered on a first-come, first served basis.
- When entering the Library simply ask the staff at the front desk for a computer guest pass, then enter the log in information to login into the computer.
- The system defaults to a 1-hour time limit and will provide warnings when the session has 10 minutes left. Staff can extend time if needed and if there is no one waiting for a computer. Once the session has expired the computer automatically logs the user off and signs out.
Who can access the management system:
- Children over 9 years old and up.
- Children 8 years old and under must have an accompanying adult to use the public computers.
- Everyone using a public computer, must agree to follow the Public Guidelines for Use of Computers and Computer Networks in the Library. The public computers are in public places shared by all library guests, and users are asked to keep this in mind when accessing potentially offensive, disturbing, or disruptive materials. Library staff reserves the right to request that a patron exit a website if another patron expresses concern or if the staff member judges the material to be inappropriate for public viewing.
- There are 3 laptops for in-library use only. These can be rented with a library card.
- The Library also has 1 laptop equipped with an internet hotspot that can be signed out for one day use. Laptop lending is available Monday - Thursday only.